martes, 29 de octubre de 2013

How green are you?

Well Today I'm going to write about one of my favorite topics of the world: Save the environment!!

In my house, We install three different things to help environment. First, We replaced the old bulbs for others of  low consumption, like this, we save money and save the environment. Also, We implement a recycling system with three container to save glass bottles, tins of beer or other drinks and pieces of paper or cardboard. This last one, recently applied we save the organic waste of the kitchen or the garden and collect this in a plastic container to use it as compost (fertilizer).

Where did I learn about environmentally friendly practices? Actually I don't know exactly, but I suppose principally  from my friends or my family. Also, as Internet  is the "mother of knowledge" nowadays and in a topic as important and contingent as the environment It is the best learning tool.

Well, Unfortunately I don't participate in any eco-organization, because I don't have initiative, but just today I am seeing in different websites or Facebook, different organizations near my home to defend the nature, and other organization about community vegetable patch. Where different people work the land and the plants and the gathering is for each and every one of them. Well I am seriously thinking  in joining to this organization. 

Well, Today in Santiago We have a big environmental  problem: pollution. This thing is produced for various reasons, the geography of the city, a big hole surrounded mountains and hills  and thermal inversion, for the factories and the cars and  the majority of public transport. I try to do my contribution to change this problem. I try to walk as possible as i can and to use the public transport, to use the bicycle to go to the  place near my house, but it is difficult because I don't live near the center of Santiago or the University or any place.I hope with this little things I reduce the carbon footprint. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario