martes, 8 de octubre de 2013

My favorite Band

Hi classmates, Today I'm going to write about my favorite band of life, because I always have a singer or band i like for a short time, a month, a year or a week, in fact right now I'm listening to Nano Stern (I love his music). But I have a band that I can listen to them all the time and all the situations. This band is Pink Floyd, I don’t remember exactly when I began to listen them but I think that in my home they were played constantly, because my big brothers love them. 
They were an English Band that started their career in the 60's (last part of this decade) It was characterized to play a progressive or psychedelic rock. They were the creators of various emblematic songs and discs such as "Dark Side of the Moon", "Animals", "The Wall" etc. By the end of the 60's, Syd Barret (vocalist and leader of the band) left the group, and the leadership was assumed by Roger Waters. Their music was a bestsellers, for example "Dark side of the moon" had the record of being more than 803 weeks in the Billboard 200 List.
In the 80's, the band  and Rogers Waters started a soloist career and demanded rest of the band for copyright for the name of Pink Floyd and a big part of their discography.  Recently (2005) they met again in a concert in London. 
I like this band for several reasons: I started to listen to them very young with my brothers, and I listen to the band at all times, in my house alone, with my friends, walking on the streets, on the subway, on the Transantiago etc. 
It's difficult for me to choose a song of all works, but I put a video of "one" of my favorite song, for the sounds, the mix, the contrast etc..


1 comentario:

  1. This is a great band, I like too. I have the disco "Dark side of the moon" because was a gift and it´s very good, although now everywhere can listen in youtube, much better :)

    ResponderEliminar